Tuesday 8 January 2013

Avant-garde David Lynch Eraserhead


I have decided to focus my product research on Avant Garde movies by great directors such as David lynch. I recently watched Eraserhead by David Lynch and thought it was a masterpiece. I then watched an interview to understand the logic behind his creation he said " It makes me uncomfortable to talk about meanings and things. It's better not to know so much about what things mean. Because the meaning, it's a very personal thing, and the meaning for me is different than the meaning for somebody else." I specifically loved how the sound played a very important role in the opening and set the tone of the film. The setting and lighting had meaning behind it and fitted the theme of the film. The fact that this movie makes you think and doesnt have a direct approach to it is what i feel makes it great. I overall loved this feature film and hope somehow i can incorporate some of the ideas shown into our final product

No comments:

Post a Comment